Digital Marketing Campaigns for Schools
Top 10 Tips for School Digital Marketing Campaigns.
More and more schools are investing in digital marketing campaigns to reach prospective new families, often via Facebook targeting. There are many reasons why this is a sound approach, which we outline HERE.
When a school uses digital marketing there are several elements that we believe will generate a great result. Ideally you want to achieve:
- High awareness – so high views of your ad
- High conversions – either to an event sign up, to a scholarship campaign, or enquiries
- Low CPC (Cost per click) ratio for your spend – so ideally the lowest cost per click possible for an effective return on investment
- Engagement on the ad if possible (likes, shares and comments)
- Brand awareness – which you can measure over time
Due to Covid-19 there has been a marked increase in the use of social media as people look for information, social connection, distraction, and entertainment.
The landscape is more crowded and competitive. A static advertisement will rarely cut through given people are now used to live streaming and videos. Covid-19 saw a rapid rise in the creation of videos and there is much that we can learn and apply from recent trends.
How do you create a sense of excitement and moving pictures on a limited budget?
CAROUSEL CREATIVE — images and text that play like a video.
And while Facebook is a key channel, Google Adwords and Remarketing are vital elements to ensure you are being seen.
Digital marketing campaigns – what success looks like
Redeemer Lutheran College recently ran a Twilight Tour campaign across Google Adwords, Social Media (Facebook and Instagram) and Remarketing.
The campaign ran for approximately 3 weeks and generated a total of 276 people registered to attend their school on a tour. The school opted for highly personalised and flexible tours, resulting in 69 groups of people attending tours at the school. This was a highly effective result.
Key Campaign Metrics were:
- An average CPC across the campaigns of $0.67c
- Over half a million qualified families saw the ads
- Over 3,000 Clicks in a 30 Day Duration
- 276 Registrations from a 30 day campaign
Redeemer worked with us to create a clever animated GIF as the creative as well as strong messaging that correlated to the actual event delivery.